My Business School Journey

Join me in my journal through business school in addition to other useful educational and insprirational resources.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Look up “indecisive” in the dictionary and you will find my picture.


I’m at a cross road in my life. Things have never been so uncertain and the lack of certainty is causing a fear of commitment. I can’t seem to make a decision about anything…big or small. Everything from what internship to take to what I should eat for dinner causes a ridiculous amount of anxiety and apathy. Sometimes I don’t know whether I am coming or going. I realize that people would kill to have my “problems”, but just let me have my time to sulk. Here are a few of my many decisions:
• My hard drive crashed a few weeks ago and I lost everything. I sent the hard drive off to a data recovery service to see if they could retrieve any of the data. It turns out they can, but at the hefty price of $1500. Are the lost files worth $1500?
• Internship…my head hurts from the thought of making a decision…long story short: Where should I spend my all important summer slaving away? I need more time to be indecisive. More details to come.
• I need to figure out what to do over Spring Break. There is a Career View program that allows students to apply for a one-week “shadowing/internship” with an alum. The submissions range from traditional consulting and marketing jobs to non-profit and entrepreneurship. I’m thinking about applying for a non-profit position. I figure this will give me a chance to see if I really like this area without committing to an entire summer in non-profit. There is also a service trip to Brazil that would be interesting. And of course, the option most people choose…go on a trip. It sounds like our class is planning a trip to either Mexico or Dominican Republic. Do I apply for the Career View program, go on the Service trip to Brazil, or take a vacation?

2 Comments:

  • At 6:02 PM, Blogger NB said…

    i wish i went to brazil when i was in school

     
  • At 4:35 AM, Blogger Tejesh Mehta said…

    Hey there, I found your blog very informative and helpful. I've read almost all your blog posts and would really love to read more of it. I request you to please start your blog once again. I suggest you also syndicate your blog on popular sites like ManagementParadise.com where you will find millions of like minded people as a ready audience. Keep Blogging. Cheers!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home