My Business School Journey

Join me in my journal through business school in addition to other useful educational and insprirational resources.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

1/6 of the way there…

Happy New Year! Winter quarter starts on Tuesday and I am in for another challenging quarter academically. The core classes are Marketing, Operations, Finance and Strategy. I am also taking an elective, Marketing Research, which I thought would be a good preparation course for my summer internship in brand management/marketing. I must be crazy taking five classes this quarter, but I figured it would be manageable since I won’t have to do much On-Campus Recruiting this quarter.

I’m trying not to spread myself to thin, but at the same time get involved in everything I want to. In addition to classes, I’m going to be working on a marketing project for a media company starting in February. I’m also on the Admit Weekend Committee and will be working hard to plan a nice weekend for the Round 1 and 2 Admits.

I also signed up to take a Rumba/Cha Cha class once a week. I originally planned to take it last quarter, but I was so worn out the first week, I never made it to the first class. I realize that I am taking on a lot, but I will have to stay focused and organized and do more work on the weekends.

Good luck to all of the Round 1 admits who will be awaiting the call from Derrick!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger Tejesh Mehta said…

    Hey there, I found your blog very informative and helpful. I've read almost all your blog posts and would really love to read more of it. I request you to please start your blog once again. I suggest you also syndicate your blog on popular sites like ManagementParadise.com where you will find millions of like minded people as a ready audience. Keep Blogging. Cheers!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home